Last modified: August 30, 2014
We apply the following privacy principles to describe our approach of privacy and user information across the SmileVision TV platform:
1. Use of information, providing our subscribers valuable efficiencies of products and services.
“Aim to providing the most favorable subscriber experience” is the first principle of SmileVision TV’s philosophy. When our subscribers share information with us, it allows us to build services and products that are valuable to them. We believe that focusing on our subscribers, advances both the products and privacy, developing attributes – driving innovation and building stronger online loyalty of professional subscribers.
2. Expand product offerings to duplicate and maintain privacy standards and practices.
Our aspiration is to be at the leading edge,providing advanced services, including the development of tools that help our subscribers manage their professional data in an effortless, easily reached approach without disparaging the subscriber’s valuable experience. We comply with current privacy laws, and internally, we work assertively to recognize improvements and abide to regulators and industry partners to assist, comply and implement privacy standards.
3. Present collection of professional data transparent.
We strive to show our subscribers the data used to modify our services. Where appropriate, we seek to be transparent with the information we have about individual subscribers and how we use that information to deliver our services.
4. Give users meaningful choices to protect their privacy.
Professionals have different privacy concerns, including standards and regulations within their vocation. To best serve the needs of our subscribers, SmileVision TV LLC strives to offer subscribers options over the use of their professional information.
The SmileVision TV User interface (Dashboard) offers subscribers the option of basic viewing, personalizing or otherwise, or modifying the data associated with their Account:
• Offers subscribers transparency and control
• Summarizes data linked with each product used when logged in to their account
• Provides easy to use links to control setting preferences
• Provides products and services including SmileVision TV’s Internal Program Management (IPM), CE Courses, Referral Program (QR Code), Patient Education, and Community Network.
Security Note: To maintain your safety and privacy we occasionally ask you to verify your password even if you are already signed in. This will happen frequently for services involving professional data.
We currently allow subscribers to delete their subscriber information should they decide to timeout their services. However, any deletion may affect the resumption of subscriber services in the event the account is reactivated. At no time do we sell our subscribers’professional or personal data.
We intend for this site to be a central location of information on how to place your data and timeout services with SmileVision TV LLC. when desired. SmileVision TV subscribers are able to control what they store in SmileVision TV’s product.
When subscribers decide to timeout the SmileVision TV services, SmileVision TV automatically determines timeout and discontinues transmitting to the subscriber account. When a subscriber chooses to return service, any and all data, video, materials, images, messages or imported data is once again available. All data is stored privately and when subscriber returns to service, it is accessible.
5. Be a responsible steward of the information we hold.
We fully understand it is our responsibility to protect the subscriber data entrusted to us. Security concerns are taken seriously as we work together with a large community of subscribers, developers and external security experts to make the online experience safer and more secure.
The SmileVision TV privacy principles provide subscribers the basic information about our products and policies to encourage informed choices about our products, how to use them and what information you provide.
“SmileVision TV” is incorporated into or works in conjunction with certain third party hardware, devices, products, and services (“Retail Products”) that may or may not be provided by SmileVision TV’s partners and/or licensees of the SmileVision TV software platform (“SmileVision TV Platform”).” Products and services provided by third parties, including SmileVision TV Associate providers of Retail Products and/or applications available on or through a Retail Product or the SmileVision TV Platform, may be governed by separate privacy policies made available by those third parties (“Other Privacy Policies”). As further described below, SmileVision TV is not responsible for third party privacy policies.
Please note that the SmileVision TV Privacy Policies apply only to the products and services provided by SmileVision TV through the SmileVision TV Platform, and not to any non-SmileVision TV products or services. In the same way, any privacy terms presented to you in Other Privacy Polices or other third-party agreements are controlling only with respect to the non-SmileVision TV elements of a Retail Product or other third-party product or service. You should carefully review any Other Privacy Policies that apply to your use of third-party products and services.
Information we do not collect
Information we do collect and how we use it
• In order to set up your TV Retail Product and use the SmileVision TV Platform, you must login with your SmileVision TV Account credentials (if you already have them) or create a new, SmileVision TV Account for additional location addresses or certain products. Information needed to create an account will include the subscriber’s professional or company name, address, telephone number and email address. Your SmileVision TV Account information is stored by SmileVision TV in connection with the registration and activation of the SmileVision TV APP on your Retail Product. For every SmileVision TV Retail Product that you use in other location addresses, you will have to associate the new device with a SmileVision TV account before we can authenticate and activate your service.
The SmileVision TV Account is established to associate with your TV Retail Product or the SmileVision TV APP (application downloaded and installed), however, this will not automatically transfer or apply to your use of other SmileVision TV services on SmileVision TV. If the SmileVision TV Service requires you to login with a SmileVision TV Account, you will be required to login separately — using either the same or a different SmileVision TV Account, as you choose — to access the Service and/or its professional features. Your use of other SmileVision TV Services through the SmileVision TV Platform is governed by the terms of service and privacy notice applicable to the specific Service.
Please keep in mind that if your TV Retail Product is in a location that is accessible to others, such as a viewing room or other setting, it is the subscriber’s responsibility to manage access to the device in that shared setting and to protect any information stored on it. As with any shared device, you may wish to log out of specific SmileVision TV services (or third-party web sites) that you have accessed through the SmileVision TV Platform in order to prevent inadvertently sharing information with others who have access to the device. Certain information relating to the sites you visit on the Internet or items that you have bookmarked are stored on the Retail Product and may be accessible or viewable by others who have access to the device; in some cases, this may reveal information about television channels you have accessed or other video content that you have requested or that has been delivered to you through the SmileVision TV Platform. If you wish to maintainprivacy from others, staff members or other associates, consider having the control module in your possession at all times and securing it by storing it in a safe place at all times throughout your subscription.
• It is not possible to log out of the SmileVision TV Platform itself; you must remain authenticated with a SmileVision TV Account that is associated with the Retail Product in order to use it. However, you may clear data stored on the device control module through a setting on the control module. You may also perform a factory reset of your device to clear all data and associate the device with a different SmileVision TV Account. For information on clearing history stored on your TV Retail Product, and for related privacy and safety settings information, please refer to the manufactures hand guide that came with the TV Retail Product.
Each Retail Product is assigned one or more identification numbers. These identification numbers are not associated with your SmileVision TV Account and one or more of them may be used to authenticate and activate your Retail Product, authenticate delivery of some services and features on the SmileVision TV Platform, and to allow your device to sync information between the SmileVision TV Platform and other SmileVision TV Services.
• In order to continually improve our services and provide a better experience, we collect some basic usage statistics from your Retail Product and/or the SmileVision TV Platform, along with information such as the hardware model of your Retail Product and the version of the SmileVision TV Platform you are running. This information does not by itself identify you to SmileVision TV, although it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider private. This information may be associated with your SmileVision TV Account and/or shared with other third party Retail Products or other third-party partners on a non-private or aggregate basis that does not individually identify you.
• We collect aggregate information from the SmileVision TV Platform that may be associated with your SmileVision TV Account in order for us to maintain quality customer service abilities. This information is not private, personal data and is stored only in the aggregate, if at all. None of the information collected for this purpose contains application-level information but is instead data related to such things as network service disruptions, login failures, setup errors, and the like. Apart from this device-level event information, and any content or data coordinated with your SmileVision TV Account, other usage data that SmileVision TV collects regarding your usage of the SmileVision TV Platform is non-personalized before being stored.
We receive certain log information from the SmileVision TV Platform that may include from use of the Search Box, similar to what is received when you perform in an Internet Search. This information will be non-personalized before it is stored in our logs but the non-personalized data may include your query term or page request. This non-personalized data may in turn include information about the specific video or other content browsed or television channels that navigated to from within the SmileVision TV Platform interface (such as from a query result or a series page). The SmileVision TV log information may also include data about which service you have accessed through the SmileVision TV Platform (but not data related to your specific activity or usage within a third-party application or service), use duration for particular features on the SmileVision TV Platform, IP address, browser information, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may identify your hardware or software configuration, and similar information. Some of this data may also be stored on your TV Retail Product.
To fulfill contractual commitments to rights holders who provide content through applications on the SmileVision TV Platform, we may use certain information (such as unique device identifiers, IP address, and cookies) to enforce security limits. Cookies are small text files placed on the respective device’s hard drive when you use the SmileVision TV Platform. These files identify your device and record your preferences and other data about your visit so that when you return to the SmileVision TV Platform, it knows who you are and can personalize your visit and use of the service.
• Security of Subscriber Information. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of subscriber information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of SmileVision TV. However, even with the best technology, no Internet-based network is 100% secure. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your subscriber information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer such information to take comparable steps to protect that security.
• We may share non-personal aggregated information collected through the SmileVision TV Platform with our business partners and certain other third parties.
• Business Transfers. Information about our subscribers is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our subscribers will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business connected to SmileVision TV, or the sale or pledge of SmileVision TV assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which subscriber and aggregate information would be transferred as one of the business assets of SmileVision TV, LLC.
Further information about SmileVision TV is available. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us through our website .